Myth Busted!

25 04 2010

While I was working on my bolter (see last entry) and waiting for it to dry, I started another small project which will eventually test my painting skills in preparation for the bolter paint job.   I found a decent font at www.dafont.com called “Alias” and printed off a template, then cut it out of foam core left over from the bolter build.

Mythbusters sign!

I’m not sure how it will turn out, but I’m going to try it anyway.  It’s only about 50cms long, which is fine for my display purposes.   As I said, it’s mostly so I can test my painting skills and attempt a realistic looking rusted and damaged metal finish on something that isn’t actually metal.  I eventually want to play around with resin casting, so this might end up coming out in resin.  Once again, I’m just messing around and having fun with it. I haven’t really thought about it long term.

Here’s a progress picture-

M.Y.T...

Actual Logo

Advertisements

Actions

Information

Leave a Reply

Fill in your details below or click an icon to log in:

WordPress.com Logo

You are commenting using your WordPress.com account. Log Out / Change )

Twitter picture

You are commenting using your Twitter account. Log Out / Change )

Facebook photo

You are commenting using your Facebook account. Log Out / Change )

Google+ photo

You are commenting using your Google+ account. Log Out / Change )

Connecting to %s




%d bloggers like this: